Friday, January 25, 2008

Nook! Nook!

"Penguin now?" "Penguin now?" "Penguin now?" "Penguin now?" "Penguin now?" "Penguin now?" "Penguin now?" "Penguin now?" "Penguin now?" "Penguin now?"

It started so innocently. I saw the little segments entitled Winter Warm-Ups with Pingu in between episodes of "Choo Choo" (AKA Thomas the Tank Engine) and thought to myself, "kids like penguins, maybe Chloe will enjoy this." The fishing episode triggered 6 straight minutes of belly laughing and now when I go to sleep at night, all I can hear is the little house music number from the show.

I think of it as the "methadone" to treat what was becoming a serious Barney addiction.


Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

New in Swampscott said...

While the Pingu phase is intense, unfortunately it was very short lived for us. It certainly was a welcome replacement for Barney and the Teletubbies.

The books have sustained a bit better, my sister bought Pingu the Doctor from the UK and that has been a favorite for over nine months now.